In Pitkin County, we believe all individuals, residents and visitors alike, play a role in the physical, mental, social and economic health of our community as the pandemic continues. The intent of the Travel Responsibility Code is to inform visitors of COVID-19 behavior expectations in Pitkin County with the overall goal of:
- Allowing Pitkin County to continue to keep businesses open and workforce employed.
- Providing the best opportunity to have schools open and ready to receive students.
- Helping protect the people in our community most likely to have severe disease.
- Continuing to support our health and medical systems to maintain capacity.
- Planning for a “healthier winter” that enables ski resorts to remain open.
COVID-19 Local Requirements
- Wear a mask in public indoor spaces – All individuals 2 and over are required to wear a face covering in all indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status. Learn more about the Pitkin County mask requirement.
- Stay home if sick – Be alert for symptoms. Stay home and do not travel. Seek testing.
- Get tested – If you have a known exposure to someone with COVID-19 or develop symptoms, seek testing immediately. Visit the testing information page or our testing site finder for testing resources. If you need help you can call the COVID-19 Infoline at 970-429-3363.
- Get vaccinated – Delay travel until you are fully vaccinated. If vaccinated and exposed, you do not need to quarantine if you remain symptom-free. Verify your vaccination. Note: You will find businesses that are part of the Fully Vaccinated Facility Program that may have additional Covid-19 protocols like vaccine verifications.
- Keep washing and distancing – Wash your hands often. Limit contact with frequently touched surfaces.
- Cooperate with Public Health if contacted – If contacted by Public Health Contact Tracing due to an exposure, please follow instructions for quarantine or isolation requirements per the current public health order.
- Stay informed by checking local requirements – Keep in mind that requirements can, and do change rapidly. Check our travel recommendations page for updates as your trip gets closer. Please be mindful and respect local business as well as public health requirements.