March 3, 2021
This report gives you a summary of the data over the past week and the status of COVID-19 in the community.** For more detailed information, please visit our Covid-19 data dashboards.
Current CDC Covid-19 Community Level
On February 24tn the CDC updated the Covid-19 Risk levels to Community Levels. Pitkin County is currently at a level. Learn more.
Hospital Status (As of 2/16)
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation and COVID-19 testing)
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 0 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- Pitkin County Resident ICU Admissions: 0 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations:
- 91% of Acute Care Beds in Use
- 85% of ICU Beds in Use
- 59% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (2/23 – 3/1)
- New Pitkin County cases: 29 (2 are under 18 years old)
- Resident Incidence Rate: 169/100,000
(The cumulative incidence rate is calculated by dividing the total number of cases over the census population, then multiplying by 100,000)
7-Day Testing Summary (2/23 – 3/1)
- Positivity Rate: 9%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 4.1% Decrease over the prior 7-day period
- Testing Turnaround: 100% of test results within 2 days
Vaccination Status (As of 3/3)
- 83% of all residents are fully vaccinated
- 100% of all residents have received at least one dose
- Indoor Mask Mandate – Effective 2/22
- Masks are recommended indoors but required on public transportation and in some business settings.
Free COVID-19 Test kits
It’s great to keep a rapid test handy at home if you or a household member feel symptomatic, or if you need to test before attending an event. Free COVID-19 antigen rapid take-home test kits are now available at the Pitkin County library! Pick up at the front desk.
Masks Now Optional on School Transportation
Effective February 25, 2022, CDC does not require wearing of masks on buses or vans operated by public or private school systems, including early care and education/child care programs.
Upcoming Vaccination Clinics – Save the Date!
Need to get vaccinated or boosted? Check out these upcoming clinics from Pitkin County and Community Health Services. Visit the Get Vaccinated webpage for details and to make appointments.
Mobile Vax Bus
March 17th, 18th,19th, 20th.
Time and Location to be determined.
Ages 12+ Ages 5-11 and Boosters available.
**The COVID-19 case data was collected by Pitkin County Public Health and may not reflect data reported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Testing results are from CDPHE reports of all COVID-19 tests among Pitkin County residents. There may be differences between CDPHE positivity estimates and those presented in this report.