This report gives you a summary of the data over the past week and the status of COVID-19 in the community.** For more detailed information, please visit our Covid-19 data dashboards.
Current CDC Risk Level
Pitkin County is currently experiencing a High Level of community transmission (defined as >= 100 cases / 100,000 cumulative incidence rate or a testing positivity rate of over 10%). Learn More.
Hospital Status (As of 2/23)
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation and COVID-19 testing)
- Overall Capacity remains Comfortable (Green).
- Essential Health care remains Comfortable (Green).
- Avg Daily visits remain Comfortable (Green).
- Inpatient Hospitalization and Transfer Capacity remains Comfortable (Green).
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 0 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- Pitkin County Resident ICU Admissions: 0 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations:
- 91% of Acute Care Beds in Use
- 88% of ICU Beds in Use
- 62% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (2/16 – 2/22)
- New Pitkin County cases: 33 (7 are under 18 years old)
- Resident Incidence Rate: 188/100,000
(The cumulative incidence rate is calculated by dividing the total number of cases over the census population, then multiplying by 100,000)
- School and Childcare Cases:
- Child/Student – 1
- Teacher/Staff – 0
7-Day Testing Summary (2/16 – 2/22)
- Positivity Rate: 13.1%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 0.3% Increase over the prior 7-day period
- Testing Turnaround: 100% of test results within 2 days
Vaccination Status (As of 2/23)
- 83% of all residents are fully vaccinated
- 100% of all residents have received at least one dose
- Masks are recommended indoors but required on public transportation and in some business settings.
Free COVID-19 Test Kits
It’s great to keep a rapid test handy at home if you or a household member feel symptomatic, or if you need to test before attending an event. Free COVID-19 antigen rapid take-home test kits are now available at the Pitkin County library! Pick up at the front desk. 120 N. Mill Street, Aspen.
Mask Mandate Ended Feb. 22
On Tuesday, Feb 22nd masks are now optional in indoor public spaces in Pitkin County.
Remember that masks are still required on public transportation, at the Pitkin County Airport, Aspen Valley Hospital, as well as any business or entity that chooses to require masking. We encourage everyone to mask when they feel comfortable doing so and to respect the masking decisions of others. Read our newest blog to learn more.
Upcoming Vaccination Clinics
Need to get vaccinated or boosted? Check out these upcoming clinics from Pitkin County and Community Health Services. Visit the Get Vaccinated webpage for details and to make appointments.
Mobile Vax Bus
Fri Feb 25, Sat Feb 26, Sun Feb 27
9am – 5pm. 426 E Main St. Aspen Co
Ages 12+ Ages 5-11 Boosters
1st, 2nd and booster doses available for Pfizer, Moderna. Pediatric Pfizer also available. Clinic information may be subject to change. Walk-ups Welcome!
**The COVID-19 case data was collected by Pitkin County Public Health and may not reflect data reported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Testing results are from CDPHE reports of all COVID-19 tests among Pitkin County residents. There may be differences between CDPHE positivity estimates and those presented in this report.