Beginning today, October 11, Pitkin County is offering businesses that have newly implemented 100% vaccine verification requirements to be able to apply for an exception from the mask order. Upon receiving approval from the Pitkin County Public Health team, masks are encouraged, but not required in approved facilities or events. This program was developed based on the public health order that was initiated on Septebmer 16. The order requires that all individuals age 2 and older must wear a mask in all indoor public spaces in Pitkin County.
To date, 25 local businesses with exisiting vaccination verification requirements have already met the requirements of the program and indoor masking is optional in these facilities. Being certified as a Fully Vaccinated Facility or Event means that any patron, visitor, or employee working in a facility or business must meet the following conditions:
- Everyone entering the facility or business shows proof of vaccination status.
- Everyone who is eligible for a vaccination and has still not been vaccinated are restricted to enter the facility.
- All employees are fully vaccinated.
- The business has received approval from Pitkin County Public Health as a fully vaccinated facility. Apply here.
- Note: *There are additional and more specific requirements for businesses seeking fully vaccinated status. Please see those standards in the application.
Though masks are still encouraged, they are not required for individuals entering or working at a fully vaccinated business or facility. More informatino on proper mask usage.
For more information or to review the entire program please visit: https://covid19.pitkincounty.com/fully-vaccinated-facilities-program/.