PITKIN COUNTY-On Monday, Feb. 1 the Pitkin County Public Health daily report indicated the community COVID 14-day incidence rate was below 700 which allows the county to move businesses and restaurants back to Orange level restrictions on the state dial COVID-19 Dial | Pitkin County COVID-19 Response & Recovery. The move to the Orange level will take effect on Tuesday morning, Feb. 2 at 12:01 a.m.
NOTE: The Pitkin County Traveler Affidavit is still in effect under Orange levels and remains in effect until at least April 30th.
“It’s excellent news that our incidence rate has been brought down, and businesses will be able to operate at greater capacities,” said Greg Poschman, Pitkin County Commissioner and Board of Health Vice Chair. “However this is no time to let our guard down. It’s not over yet, and despite this decline, things are expected to get worse before they get better. Let’s keep our community safe by being smart. We need to continue to follow the five commitments to containment and avoid closed spaces, crowded places and close contact settings. This is what we all need to do to keep our community open until vaccines are more broadly available.”
- Personal Gathering Size: Up to 10 from no more than 2 households (Lodging stays limited to a max of 10 people from no more than two households in any lodging unit)
- Restaurants: 25% capacity or 50 people, whichever is fewer; on-premise sale and service of alcohol must stop by 10:00 p.m.; dining parties limited to 10 people; patrons in different parties must be spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart.
- Bars: Closed
- Offices: 25% capacity; remote work is strongly encouraged
- Gyms/Fitness: 25% capacity or 50 people, whichever is fewer
- Organized Youth and Adult Group Sports and Camps: Virtual, or outdoors in groups less than 10
- Retail: 50% capacity, with increased curbside pick up, and delivery; dedicated senior/at-risk hours encouraged
- Personal Services: 25% capacity or 25 people, whichever is fewer
- Limited Health Care Settings: 25% capacity or 25 people, whichever is fewer
- Indoor Events: 25% capacity or 50 people, whichever is fewer
- Outdoor Events: 25% capacity, or 75 people, whichever is fewer
- Outdoor Guides Services: 25% capacity not to exceed 10 people, whichever is less
- Field Services: real estate open houses must follow the indoor event requirements
- Child Care: open, standard ratios
Under Level Orange, everyone must take these actions:
- Continue to stay home as much as possible
- When you go out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others)
- Do not go to work if you are sick
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, get tested immediately
- Wear a mask in indoor public settings, as well as outdoor public settings where 6 ft. distancing cannot be maintained
- Limit private gatherings to 10 individuals max from no more than 2 households