Current CDC Covid-19 Community Level
Pitkin County is currently at a level. Learn more.
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation, and COVID-19 testing)
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 0 (in past 28 days)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations:
- 91% of Acute Care Beds in Use
- 85% of ICU Beds in Use
- 42% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (4/9-5/23)
- New Pitkin County cases: 14
- Resident Incidence Rate: 63/100,000
(The cumulative incidence rate is calculated by dividing the total number of cases over the census population, then multiplying by 100,000)
7-Day Testing Summary (4/26-5/9)
- Positivity Rate: 4%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 1% Increase over the prior 7-day period
Boosters Approved for Ages 5-11
On May 19th, the CDC updated their recommendations to allow ages 5-11 to receive a Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine booster dose to increase their protection against the virus. This booster can be given at least five months after kids over five have received their two-dose series. This would be a third dose for healthy children and a fourth dose for children who are immunocompromised. Wondering if you are eligible for a booster? Use our click through tool to easily see what dose is right for you.
Federal At-home Testing Program Extends
Americans can once again order free COVID-19 tests from the federal government by visiting COVIDtests.gov. In this round, the U.S. Postal Service will deliver eight free rapid antigen tests to any household in the U.S. that wants them.
Case Counts Increasing in Pitkin County
As summer comes around and gathering increases again, Pitkin Counties’ incidence rate has increased by 5 in the past two weeks. Make sure you are following the healthy best practices and using the risk mitigation measures that are right for you and your lifestyle. Find more information here.
Aspen Downtown Testing Location to Remain Free until Mid June
The Roaring Fork Valley Covid Testing site located in Downtown Aspen will supply free testing up until Mid June. Please always check back on our testing page for the most up-to-date information.
Mobile Vax Bus in Aspen
- Fri, May 27, 11:00am – 7:00pm. Downtown Aspen / 412 Rio Grande Place, Aspen CO. 81611
- Sat, May 28. 9:00am – 5:00pm. Downtown Aspen / 412 Rio Grande Place, Aspen CO. 81611
- Sun, May 29 8:00am – 4:00pm. Aspen Valley Hospital
Appointments Recommended. 1st, 2nd, and booster doses available for Pfizer, Moderna. Pediatric Pfizer Boosters added for ages 5-11.*
*Pediatric Pfizer boosters are not intended for immunocompromised individuals 5-11 years. Pediatric Pfizer also available (age 5+). Pediatric Pfizer also available (age 5+). No ID required.