This report gives you a summary of the data over the past week and the status of COVID-19 in the community.** For more detailed information, please visit our Covid-19 data dashboards.
Current CDC Covid-19 Community Level
County is currently at a level. Learn more.
In the past week, Pitkin County moved from low to medium due to our incidence rate rising above 200 per 100,000 residents. Because of the change, we wanted to remind people how the level is determined. This CDC metric is based on three pieces of data: incidence rates, county COVID-19 hospital admission rates, and beds occupied by COVID-19 patients in the last 7 days. Using these data, the level is classified as low, medium, or high. COVID-19 Community Levels can help communities and individuals make decisions based on their local context and their unique needs as it measures the impact of the virus on health and healthcare systems. To stay up-to-date on the current level in Pitkin County, check the CDC Community Levels website on Thursdays after 6pm.
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation, and COVID-19 testing)
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 1 (in past 28 days)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations:
- 90% of Acute Care Beds in Use
- 85% of ICU Beds in Use
- 52% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (4/20 – 4/26)
- New Pitkin County cases: 5
- Resident Incidence Rate: 138/100,000
- Resident Incidence Increase/Decrease: 92/100,000 decrease over the prior week
7-Day Testing Summary (4/20 – 4/26)
- Positivity Rate: 8%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 4% decrease over the prior week
At-Home Testing and Reporting
The Pitkin COVID-19 Update Moves to Tuesday
The Pitkin County COVID-19 Communication Team is realigning the frequency of the weekly update to be a biweekly update to keep in step with the dwindling pandemic and the weekly cadence of the CDC’s Community Level announcement. Thus, we are moving our weekly update to every other Tuesday. Look forward to the next update in your inbox on May 10th.
Mobile Vax Bus in Aspen
Visit the Get Vaccinated webpage for details and to make appointments.
- Wednesday, May 4th & Thursday, May 5th from 9am to 6pm – Downtown Aspen / Rio Grande Pl., Aspen, CO. 81611
- Friday, May 8th from 9am to 4pm – Aspen Valley Hospital Parking Lot / 410 Castle Creek Rd., Aspen CO. 81611
Appointments Recommended. 1st, 2nd and booster doses available for Pfizer, Moderna. Pediatric Pfizer also available (age 5+). No ID required.