This report gives you a summary of the data over the past week and the status of COVID-19 in the community.** For more detailed information, please visit our Covid-19 data dashboards.
Current CDC Covid-19 Community Level
Pitkin County is currently at a level. Learn more.
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation, and COVID-19 testing)
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 3 (in past 28 days)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations:
- 91% of Acute Care Beds in Use
- 85% of ICU Beds in Use
- 52% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (4/13 – 4/19)
- New Pitkin County cases: 31
- Resident Incidence Rate: 230/100,000
(The cumulative incidence rate is calculated by dividing the total number of cases over the census population, then multiplying by 100,000)
7-Day Testing Summary (4/13 – 4/19)
- Positivity Rate: 12%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 0% Decrease/Increase over the prior 7-day period
Federal Changes to Masking on Public Transportation
Due to the court ruling on April 18th, TSA will no longer enforce its Security Directives and Emergency Amendment requiring mask use on public transportation and transportation hubs. Masks are no longer required on RFTA buses, Snowmass Transit, or at the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport.
Self-Reporting Tool Available for Positive at-home Tests
In order for public health to understand the prevalence of COVID-19, it is important to report at-home test results. Please report your positive at-home antigen result using this form. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
Upcoming Vaccination Clinics
Visit the Get Vaccinated webpage for details and to make appointments.
Mobile Vax Bus in Aspen
10am – 6pm each day
- TOMORROW – Friday, April 22 – Aspen Valley Hospital Parking Lot – 401 Castle Creek Rd. Aspen, CO 81611
- Saturday, April 23 & Sunday, April 24 – Rio Grande Park 412 Rio Grande Pl. Aspen, CO 81611
Appointments Recommended. 1st, 2nd and booster doses available for Pfizer, Moderna. Pediatric Pfizer also available (age 5+). No ID required.