This report gives you a summary of the data over the past week and the status of COVID-19 in the community.** For more detailed information, please visit our COVID-19 data dashboards.
Current CDC Risk Level
Pitkin County is currently experiencing a High Level of community transmission (defined as >= 100 cases / 100,000 cumulative incidence rate or a testing positivity rate of over 10%). Learn More.
Hospital Status (As of 11/30)
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation and COVID-19 testing)
*Aspen Valley Hospital’s Inpatient Hospitalization and Transfer Capacity indicator in the hospital’s capacity matrix is CAUTIOUS. This change is directly related to a reduced transfer capacity to hospitals with higher levels of care, and not based on hospitalizations at AVH, which remain comfortable.
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 0 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- Pitkin County Resident ICU Admissions: 1 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations: 93% of Acute Care Beds in Use
94% of ICU Beds in Use
81% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
Data Dashboard Alert: The disruption in case data workflow affecting this dashboard has been resolved. Contact tracing continued throughout and all data below is now up to date.
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (11/24 – 11/30)
- New Pitkin County cases: 21 (5 are under 18 years old)
- Vaccinated – 13 cases (breakthrough)
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated – 7
- Unknown Vaccination Status – 1
- Resident Incidence Rate: 113/100,000
(The cumulative incidence rate is calculated by dividing the total number of cases over the census population, then multiplying by 100,000)
- School and Childcare Cases:
- Child/Student – 3
- Teacher/Staff – 0
- New Out of County cases tested in Pitkin County: 1
(Visitors and those working, but not living, in Pitkin County)
7-Day Testing Summary (11/24 – 11/30)
- Positivity Rate: 7.6%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 1.5% decrease over the prior 7-day period
- Testing Turnaround: 99.3% of test results within 2 days
Vaccination Status (As of 11/30)
- 76% of all residents are fully vaccinated
- 94% of all residents have received at least one dose
- Indoor Mask Mandate – Effective 9/16
- All individuals 2 years or older are required to wear a face covering in all indoor public spaces, regardless of vaccination status. Learn more
What can the COVID-19 Helpline do for you?
The Pitkin County Public Health COVID-19 helpline is there to support community members accessing the best and most up to date information regarding all things related to COVID-19 in Pitkin County. Our call center staff are knowledgeable in answering general questions related to guidelines, testing, vaccination, and contact tracing. Visit this document to review what the COVID-19 helpline does and does not offer.
International and Domestic Travel this Holiday Season
The holiday season is rapidly approaching. As you make your holiday plans, please be sure to follow the CDC recommendations for any domestic or international travel. The CDC travel guidance recommends all international travelers get tested with COVID-19 viral test 3-5 days after travel.
RFV COVID Testing Expanding
RFV COVID Testing has added the Snowmass Village Town Hall site, opening Friday, December 3. It is at the same location that was operational last winter. Testing is offered Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 12:30pm. The RFV COVID Testing located at the Aspen cell phone lot is expanding testing days to 7 days a week, beginning this weekend. Hours remain unchanged, 7:30 – 11:30am. ALL RFV COVID Testing is free.
**The COVID-19 case data was collected by Pitkin County Public Health and may not reflect data reported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Testing results are from CDPHE reports of all COVID-19 tests among Pitkin County residents. There may be differences between CDPHE positivity estimates and those presented in this report.