Text 888777 CVIRUS and PITKINALERT
PITKIN COUNTY-The Pitkin County Board of Health today voted to adopt the state’s updated COVID 2.0 dial. This move allows counties to move more fluidly through dial levels based on the updated metrics structure. The state has to instigate the move to yellow which will take effect on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 9:00 a.m.
Summary of state dial changes:
- Seven instead of 14 day metrics for disease incidence, level of testing (% positivity), and hospitalizations, for a more swift ability to move between colors.
- Tighter metrics on the level of community testing (measures as % positivity) in YELLOW and ORANGE.
- Considerations of additional metrics for counties under 30,000 population due to variability in rates.
- Mitigation plans will not be required before moving a county into a more restrictive level, which will facilitate the swiftness of the move. Plans are highly encouraged before a county hits the new level with its metrics.
- There are just a few changes to capacity levels or caps: In level Yellow, can have up to 50% or 150 persons using space calculator (change from 100 people).
- Pitkin County will move to Level Yellow – effective on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 9:00 a.m. Stay informed when different level changes are implemented by signing up for Pitkin Alert. Text 888-777
A new Pitkin County Public Health order will retain these additional protective measures:
- Gathering requirements (up to 10 people, 2 households) applies to all lodging and short-term rental accommodations
- Traveler Affidavit remains in place
- Quarantine & Isolation Requirements (Quarantine And Isolation | Pitkin County COVID-19 Response & Recovery
- Informing Guests
- Business & Event Safety Plans
- Compliance with Case Investigation & Contact Tracing
- Face Coverings apply to people 2-years and older
5 Star Program
Businesses are encouraged to continue applying for the 5 Star program in Pitkin County 5 Star Certification Program | Pitkin County COVID-19 Response & Recovery.
Five star businesses are still allowed to operate one level lower on the dial, except they may not operate in Protect Our Neighbors unless the county is formally in Protect Our Neighbors.
- Per the State, 5 Star-certified businesses in counties in Level Yellow may not operate at Level Blue restrictions until Colorado has vaccinated 70% of individuals ages 70 and older.