February 3, 2021
This report gives you a summary of the data over the past week and the status of COVID-19 in the community.** For more detailed information, please visit our Covid-19 data dashboards.
Current CDC Risk Level
Pitkin County is currently experiencing a High Level of community transmission (defined as >= 100 cases / 100,000 cumulative incidence rate or a testing positivity rate of over 10%). Learn More.
Hospital Status (As of 2/3)
- Aspen Valley Hospital Capacity: COMFORTABLE*
(Based on an evaluation of inpatient hospitalizations, transfer capacity, healthcare workers out and average daily visits in ER, respiratory evaluation and COVID-19 testing)
- *Effective 2/2/22: Aspen Valley Hospital’s overall rating changed from CAUTIOUS to COMFORTABLE. The indicator for Essential Healthcare Workers Out w/ COVID and COVID-like symptoms in the hospital’s capacity matrix is CAUTIOUS. The indicator for Average Daily Visits to the Emergency Department is COMFORTABLE. Inpatient Hospitalization and Transfer Capacity is COMFORTABLE
- Pitkin County Resident Hospital Admissions: 2 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- Pitkin County Resident ICU Admissions: 2 (in past 2 weeks anywhere in CO)
- All Colorado Hospitalizations:
- 92% of Acute Care Beds in Use
- 90% of ICU Beds in Use
- 64% of Those Hospitalized are Unvaccinated
NOTICE: Due to the recent surge in COVID-19, there are many positive cases that are pending investigation and we currently cannot provide accurate information on the vaccination status of cases, cases by age groups, or student and teacher cases at this time.
7-Day COVID-19 Case Summary (1/26 – 2/1)
- New Pitkin County cases: 48 (2 are under 18 years old)
- Vaccinated – 4 cases (breakthrough)
- Unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated – 4
- Unknown status – 40
- Resident Incidence Rate: 274/100,000
(The cumulative incidence rate is calculated by dividing the total number of cases over the census population, then multiplying by 100,000)
- School and Childcare Cases:
- Child/Student – 3
- Teacher/Staff – 0
- New Out of County cases tested in Pitkin County: 4
(Visitors and those working, but not living, in Pitkin County)
7-Day Testing Summary (1/26 – 2/1)
- Positivity Rate: 24.5%
- Positivity Increase/Decrease: 9.8% Decrease over the prior 7-day period
- Testing Turnaround: 99.7% of test results within 2 days
Vaccination Status (As of 2/3)
- 83% of all residents are fully vaccinated
- 100% of all residents have received at least one dose
- Indoor Mask Mandate – Effective 9/16
- All individuals 2 years or older are required to wear a face covering in all indoor public spaces, regardless of vaccination status. Learn more
BOH Meeting February 10th
Pitkin County Public Health is hosting a special Board of Health meeting on Feb 10th at 1:00PM. The agenda will include revisiting the Pitkin County mask requirement. The Board of Health will be offering live public comment during the meeting, limited to 3 minutes each, as well as accepting written comments that will be reviewed by the Board of Health prior to the meeting. All written submissions are due on Feb 7th. Visit BOH public comment form to submit feedback/questions.
Aspen Daily News Updates
Have you been watching our Aspen Daily News Updates? It’s a great opportunity to get informed on different subjects like vaccinations, mental health, and COVID-19. Click below for the newest video with John Anderson where he shares data surrounding omicron, how we obtain and use data, and the overall process of how this data informs decision making in Pitkin County.
Upcoming Vaccination Clinics
Need to get vaccinated or boosted? Check out these upcoming clinics from Pitkin County and Community Health Services. Visit the Get Vaccinated webpage for details and to make appointments.
Mobile Vax Bus
Tue Feb 8, Wed Feb 9, Thu Feb 10
9am – 5pm. 426 E Main St. Aspen Co
Ages 12+ Ages 5-11 Boosters
1st, 2nd and booster doses available for Pfizer, Moderna. Pediatric Pfizer also available.
Clinic information may be subject to change. Walk-ups Welcome!
Community Health Services
Wed Feb 9
1:30pm – 4:00pm 405 Castle Creek Rd. Aspen Co. 81611
1st, 2nd, and Booster doses of Moderna & Pfizer
Registration is Required
**The COVID-19 case data was collected by Pitkin County Public Health and may not reflect data reported by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Testing results are from CDPHE reports of all COVID-19 tests among Pitkin County residents. There may be differences between CDPHE positivity estimates and those presented in this report.