Businesses are encouraged to adopt internal policies to provide additional protection to their employees and guests, such as discouraging unnecessary travel and personal gatherings. Below are a few suggestions to support the safety of your business.
- Require employees to report where they’re traveling to for any unnecessary travel. If they are traveling to a location with a CDC Travel Advisory, require them to quarantine for 14 days without pay upon their return.
- Personal gatherings are limited to 5 people or less from no more than 2 households in Level Orange and are prohibited in Level Red. Lodges and short term rental (STR) managers: When making reservations, don’t allow more than 2 households (in Level Orange) or 1 household (in Level Red) to book a hotel room, condo, or house.
- Additionally, hotels and STRs can prevent ill people from traveling to the area by utilizing the Pitkin County Travel Affidavit. This will be required for visitors spending at least one night in the county and will be effective as of December 14, 2020. ADD link when complete.
- Have employees sign an employee pledge committing to doing their part to follow the rules and contribute to a safe and healthy winter season. You can download an employee pledge template here.
- Schools, child care, and camps can add an additional layer of protection into their sick policies. A child with one symptom would normally be kept home for 48 hours. Require a child with one symptom plus recent travel within the past 10 days to stay at home for 10 days.