On February 6, CDPHE’s new dial 2.0 went into effect. The 5 Star Program has aligned with these metric changes, and therefore, in order for Pitkin County to open 5 star businesses at a less restrictive level, Pitkin County must have:
- A one‐week incidence in the appropriate dial level (Orange: 500 per 100,000 or lower, Yellow: 300 or lower, Blue: 100 or lower) for all of the past 7 days.
- A one‐week percent positivity in the appropriate dial level (Orange: 10% or lower, Yellow: 7.5% or lower, Blue: 5% or lower) for all of the past 7 days.
- Under 90% of regional ICU beds in use, and days of stable or declining hospitalizations in the past two weeks in the appropriate dial level (Orange: 7 or fewer days, Yellow: 8 or more days, Blue: 12 or more days).
As of February 13, Pitkin County moved to Level Yellow on the state dial. 5 Star certified businesses in counties in Level Yellow may not operate at Level Blue restrictions until Colorado has vaccinated 70% of individuals ages 70 and older. The State is currently developing a vaccine dashboard to track this percentage.
Application & Inspection Updates
We’ve received a total of 72 5-Star applications since January 28th. 64 of those applications are from restaurants, 6 are from gyms/fitness centers, and 2 are from personal services. The Administrative Committee is currently reviewing and approving restaurant applications and the Consumer Protection Team is reaching out to approved applicants to schedule an inspection.
Week of February15th Updates:
- The inspection team is reaching out to approved applications from restaurants to set up an inspection appointment.
- 26 inspections have been scheduled for this week and next week while two inspections have occurred. These two restaurant establishments have been approved and pre-certified for the 5 Star program.
- The Administrative Committee has also started to review applications from gyms/fitness centers and personal services. After the inspection team conducts restaurant inspections, approved applicants from gyms/fitness centers and personal services can expect someone from the inspection team to reach out and schedule an inspection.
Benefits of Certification
Effective Saturday, February 13, 2021, Pitkin County will move to Level Yellow on the state dial. However, this means that 5 Star certified businesses may not operate at Level Blue restrictions until Colorado has vaccinated 70% of individuals ages 70 and older.
So why should your business still apply and get 5 Star certified?
Dial 2.0 is designed to swiftly move counties into more restrictive levels when their numbers go up and more quickly into recovery when those numbers go down. Therefore, even though certified businesses may not be able to operate at Level Blue restrictions yet, if Pitkin County ever moves into a more restrictive level and has passing metrics on the report card, 5-Star businesses may start operating one level lower.